CIGNA is a health advocate. Founded in 1792 with American marines in mind, CIGNA has since expanded its services to meet the diverse needs of people worldwide. Over the years, the company has continued to work under only the highest ethical standards and integrity. As a leading provider of insurance and health care services for groups and individuals, the company offers a full range of benefits developed to address the unique needs of its members. From medical and dental services to group plans for employers to plans for individuals and their families, pensions, and life insurance, CIGNA is committed to bringing its members quality health care services and peace of mind in every way possible.
Get a free Health Insurance Quote
Choosing the Right Health Insurance
As part of its commitment to helping you maintain your health and quality of life, CIGNA has developed the following selection of customized health care options:
Get a free Health Insurance Quote
- CIGNA Choice Fund, a health reimbursement account (HRA) plan that gives members the freedom to visit the doctors and hospitals of their choice. Members rely on the HRA to help fund their medical expenses. They gain access to online information tools that allows them to manage their health care expenses as well as determine the right doctors and services for them.
- HMO and Network plans give members access to the large plan network of providers. Upon enrollment, members choose a primary care physician who will help coordinate their health routine, and refer to in-network specialists. Out-of-network services are not available to members, except in the event of emergency or need for urgent care.
- Indemnity, a traditional plan that allows members to visit the providers of their choice and simply pay for each visit. Once members meet their deductibles, they will be reimbursed for their visits.
- HMO Open Access or Network Open Access, a health maintenance organization plan that gives members referral-free access to the in- as well as out-of-network providers of their choice.
- Point-of-Service Open Access, a plan that gives members referral-free access to the in- as well as out-of-network providers of their choice. Members who visit in-network providers will receive a wider range of benefits and experience cost savings.
- Open Access Plus, a plan that gives members referral-free access to the plan’s nationwide network of providers. Members may visit providers from in- as well as out-of-network, but will receive a wider range of benefits when visiting in-network providers.
- POS, a point-of-service plan that allows members to experience lower costs when they visit in-network providers. A primary care physician will coordinate all in-network health routines and referrals, but the members may freely visit out-of-network providers.
- PPO Plan, a preferred provider organization plan that gives members the freedom to visit any provider of their choice without referrals from a primary care physician. Members enjoy benefits, both in- as well as out-of-network.
- COBRA, a plan designed to give coverage to individuals who lose or leave their jobs, lose coverage owing to changes in their jobs, experience a change in their marital situations, or no longer meet eligibility requirements for health care coverage. Dependent children are also eligible for COBRA coverage until they reach an age limit.